Grown ups

Western Australia: services

Western Australia: services

We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Have you just had a new baby?

Child health centres
Child and family health nurses can check your child's health and development and give you information about caring for babies and young children and looking after yourself. You can find out more about child health centres and nurses in Western Australia, or you can call Healthdirect Australia on 1800 022 222 to make an appointment.

Healthdirect Australia
This is a free telephone health information and advice service for residents of the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, the Northern Territory, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia:

  • Phone: 1800 022 222
  • Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week

Australian Breastfeeding Association - Breastfeeding helpline
If you're breastfeeding and need help, trained volunteer counsellors can give you reassurance, information and advice about breastfeeding and overcoming common hurdles to breastfeeding:

  • Phone: 1800 MUM 2 MUM (1800 686 268)
  • Hours: 24 hours, 7 days

Are you finding parenting harder than you thought?

This organisation helps parents, grandparents and carers develop skills and cope with the challenges of parenting. It runs early parenting groups, parenting workshops, day stay programs and overnight stay programs. It also has a helpline offering information, advice and support:

  • Phone: (08) 9368 9368 (Perth callers)
  • Phone: 1800 111 546 (regional callers)
  • Hours: 8 am-8 pm, 7 days

Do you need to find care for your child?

There are four options for child care in Australia:

  • home-based care, which is having your child cared for by a friend, relative or nanny in your home
  • family day care with a small group of children in an approved carer's home
  • centre-based care, in a child care centre with trained staff and a structured program
  • occasional care, which is short-term, centre-based care.

Child care is mainly designed for children aged up to five years, but it can also include before-school, after-school and holiday care for primary school-age children.

This Australian Government website has information about different types of child care and about government assistance to help with fees. You can search for child care services near you.

You can also get information from the Child Care Access Hotline:

  • Phone: 1800 670 305 (free call)
  • TTY service: 133 677, then ask for 1800 670 305 (for hearing-impaired or speech-impaired callers)
  • Hours: 8 am-6 pm, Monday-Friday
You can read more in our articles on getting started with child care, child care types and child care costs and Australian Government assistance. You can also find out more about good-quality child care.

Do you want help finding playgroups?

Playgroups are a great way for small children to practise getting along with others and to try new ways to play. They're good for parents too, with lots of support and social contact in a relaxed, welcoming environment. For more information contact Playgroup WA:

  • Phone: 1800 171 882 (free call)
  • Hours: 9 am-3 pm, Monday-Friday

Is your child ready for kindergarten?

Children who turn four by 30 June can go to kindergarten for four half days a week. Then the next year when they turn five, they go to pre-primary, which is five full days. Kindergarten and pre-primary programs focus on learning and socialising skills to help get children ready for school.

You can read more about kindergarten and pre-primary in Western Australia, and you can use the Schools Online directory to find schools offering kindergarten in your area.

Are things worrying you at home and you want someone to talk to?

Relationships Australia - Western Australia
Relationships Australia provides a range of support services to couples, individuals and families including relationship counselling, mediation, family violence intervention and support for problem gambling:

  • Phone: 1300 364 277 (cost of a local call)

Women's Information Service
This is a free and confidential information and referral service for women. You can speak to a trained volunteer about health issues, finances, legal matters, counselling, domestic violence or anything else that's worrying you:

  • Phone: 1800 199 174 (free call)
  • Interpreting service: 131 450
  • Hours: 9 am-4 pm, Monday-Friday

Does someone in your family have special needs?

WA Disability Services Commission
This government agency is responsible for disability services in Western Australia. Visit the website to find out about the types of services available and how to get them. You can also call to get help finding services near you:

  • Phone: (08) 9426 9200 or 1800 998 214 (free call from regional areas)
  • TTY: (08) 9426 9315 (for hearing-impaired or speech-impaired callers)
  • Hours: 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday
Find more links to child and parent disability services.

Are you looking for parenting services in your state?

Infoxchange Service Seeker
This is a directory of community services in Australia. Search for 'parenting' to find parenting support and other services in your area.

Find more links to parent and family services.


  1. Dour

    I apologize, but it's not quite what I need.

  2. Ioachime

    You have a tough choice

  3. JoJorr

    Do you yourself realize what you wrote?

  4. Milo

    I will know, thanks a lot for the explanation.

  5. Lukman

    Let me disagree with you

  6. Clarke

    In my opinion you are mistaken. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM.

  7. Brennan

    The excellent message, I congratulate)))))

Write a message