We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Babies can start learning English Since they are born. There are no limits in this regard. However, the methods used to teach a language to such a young child are different and are obviously based on play.
We explain what they areThe best techniques for teaching English to babies From 0 to 3 years.
During the first three years of age, the neurological development of our babies is of utmost importance. Neurological development occurs through the senses, so through touch, sight, taste, smell and hearing our babies will acquire knowledge and develop properly.
1. During the first year: The type of games that the little ones (in the first year of life) need to acquire the English language are:
- Through rattles, large-medium objects with striking colors for the localization of sounds. They can be used to accompany songs in English.
- Visual tracking, object exploration, while we explain what those objects are called in English.
- Search for a fallen object, pull a rope to get a toy….
But there is also a set of essential requirements: we must always create a conducive and welcoming environment in the child's environment, establishing pleasant routines in English classes and of course always speaking and singing in English.
It is important to know that each baby needs to feel comfortable, safe, and full of affection for the adult performing this task. Therefore, it is essential that we use a close and affectionate language to achieve a good climate.
2. From the year: Starting around the year, in English classes we will continue to use different games to involve our little ones in learning this language. Among the games we recommend are:
- Puppets, cards, cars, rings / rings, egg-shaped boxes, stories, cubes, songs ...
- It is also convenient to use an elongated and soft mat to achieve an adequate interaction of our little ones so that they can move freely during these types of games.
- The use of games such as blankets, sensory bottles, treasure basket, heuristic game and symbolic game (for the older ones), help us to open and deepen their learning.
- They will also be able to follow simple commands and will begin to imitate our gestures, actions and sounds.
Therefore, from one year on, our babies will grow from being babies to becoming children, so they will begin to want to walk, climb, run and even jump. So your attention will increase and your games will become more complex.
3. From the age of two: Once our children have acquired more oral language skills, It is convenient to play role-plays, imitation, theater, watch cartoons in English… .And thus put their newly acquired skills into practice.
In short, lChildren need games for active and participatory learning to take place. The more relaxed and confident our little ones are, the more they will develop neurologically.
We reiterate that it is very important to create a solid approach to this second language in the first years of life of a child in order to maximize their will and ability to learn and introduce a quality exposure to this second language with consistency and with good bases of linguistic immersion, which will serve us for the future.
It's amazing how much they like to play and have fun with these items!
Guadalupe Dominguez, pedagogical director of the Escuela Nemomarlin Retiro school
You can read more articles similar to Methods for teaching English to children ages 0-3, in the category of on-site infant stimulation.