We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
At the beginning of the latest Big Momma movie, things are going well for FBI agent Malcolm Turner (Martin Lawrence). He has just received a letter announcing that his stepson Trent (Brandon T. Jackson) has been accepted into Duke University.
Meanwhile, Malcolm's informant Canetti (Max Casella) is about to meet with a local crime lord named Chirkoff (Tony Curran) in an attempt to get Chirkoff to incriminate himself on tape. Canetti already has a flash drive containing incriminating evidence against Chirkoff. Unfortunately, Trent arrives unannounced and witnesses Chirkoff murdering Canetti. Before Canetti dies, he tells Malcolm that the flash drive has been stashed in a music box at a girls school in Atlanta.
Malcolm decides that the only way to protect Trent and recover the flash drive is for them both to go undercover and attend the girls school. Malcolm once again disguises himself as Big Momma, and Trent becomes Big Momma's grandniece Charmaine.
This movie contains some action violence and school bullying as well as slapstick violence. Some of this could be imitated by children. For example:
- Malcolm is driving an SUV and forces a mail van off the road. He jumps on the mailman and demands that he hand over his mail or he will shoot him in the bottom. The entire scene is done in an over-the-top comic way.
- During a confrontation between Malcolm, his informant and three criminals we see the criminals holding a gun to the informant's head and threatening to kill him. After this, there's a fist fight in which the characters punch each other in the face and shoot at each other. One of the criminals shoots Malcolm's informant in the back as he tries to run away, then stands over the informant and executes him (we don't see the actual shot being fired).
- Big Momma grabs Trent's crotch to get him to talk in a high-pitched (girl's) voice. Trent gasps in pain.
- While in the school cafeteria, a girl named Jasmine bullies Charmaine by announcing, 'We have fresh meat that wants to eat'. On another occasion, Jasmine refers to Charmaine as 'America's sexiest buffalo'.
- Big Momma slaps Trent across the back of the head.
- Charmaine accidentally falls on a female student, and we hear the sound of bones crunching.
- Big Momma threatens a male security guard, saying, 'Touch me again and I'll knock you into next summer'.
- Chirkoff tells one of his henchmen, 'Take him, we'll kill him later'.
- When Haley learns that Trent has tricked her, she slaps him hard across the face.
- Chirkoff and two of his armed henchmen chase Haley and Trent. They shoot at Big Momma, who uses a large book to knock them unconscious.
- Chirkoff holds Haley and Trent at gunpoint, and two henchmen point their guns at Big Momma. Big Momma and Trent punch the gunmen in the face, then kick them in the legs and knock them down.
- A security guard fires a taser gun at Chirkoff, who falls unconscious.
Content that may disturb children
As well as the violent scenes mentioned above, children in this age group might also be disturbed by some other scenes in this movie. For example:
- The movie features cross-dressing, which might confuse some children.
- There are several scenes that feature accidental harm. For example, while dancing on top of a table, Big Momma slips and crashes through the table. She lands hard on her back on the ground.
- A female student bursts into tears when she receives a text message from her boyfriend breaking off the relationship.
- Big Momma jumps into a car with a student behind the steering wheel and orders her to follow a speeding car. They pursue the speeding car in a reckless and scary way, nearly colliding with a truck. The car sideswipes a stone wall, causing sparks to fly. It comes to rest in an upright position, balancing on its front wheels.
Children in this age group could also be disturbed by some of the scenes mentioned above.
Children in this age group are unlikely to be disturbed by anything in this movie.
This movie contains sexual references and innuendo throughout. For example:
- Seeing a schoolyard full of attractive teenage school girls, Trent says, 'I can see straight to the promised land'. He makes some other sexually suggestive comments about the girls later in the movie.
- Charmaine/Trent tells Haley that she is 'hot'.
- After flirting with Big Momma, a male security guard says, 'Big-legged woman's gonna kill me'. Later he calls Big Momma a 'beautiful thing' and a 'priestess of delight'.
- After Charmaine/Trent accidentally falls on top of Big Momma/Malcolm during a ballet rehearsal, Big Momma says, 'Now I know why it's called the Nut Cracker'.
- Charmaine/Trent is in a change room with Haley, who is wearing only her underwear. Trent makes an excuse to leave the room, saying, 'Something came up'.
- Big Momma remarks that Vaseline is god's gift to black people.
Alcohol, drugs and other substances
This movie contains some use of substances. For example:
- A man drinks in a bar.
- A security guard hands Big Momma a drink (juice), calling it champagne.
Nudity and sexual activity
This movie contains some nudity and sexual activity. For example:
- There is a backview of Charmaine/Trent weeing, holding up his dress.
- On several occasions, a male security guard flirts with Big Momma. One time he tries to slap Big Momma on the bottom.
- Girls wear brief and tight clothes, and group of girls dance in revealing nighties.
- An attractive female model wearing a robe enters a classroom full of schoolgirls. The teacher tells the class that their nude model has arrived, but Big Momma steps in and stops the model from disrobing.
- Big Momma lies across a table with a sheet draped across her body. We see Big Momma's exposed legs, arms, back and buttocks. As a teacher rips away Big Momma's sheet, a fire alarm sounds and the scene cuts without showing Big Momma totally naked.
- Trent goes on a date with Haley, and they hug and kiss passionately.
- Big Momma and a large security guard play Twister, ending up with their arms and legs wrapped around each other.
The following products are displayed or used in this movie: Apple laptop computers, mobile phones, and various makes of car.
This movie contains some low-level coarse language, put-downs and name-calling.
Ideas to discuss with your children
Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son is the third in the Big Momma series of cross-dressing comedies, targeting an adolescent and younger adult audience. The movie relies heavily on old jokes, slapstick comedy and sexual innuendo to entertain its audience but contains fewer crude jokes and less sexual innuendo than its two predecessors. Although you might get a few laughs from the movie's slapstick humour, it's generally a disappointment.
The main messages from this movie are as follows:
- Gaining an education while you're young is more important than following your dreams, which will be waiting for you after you've finished school or college.
- You should be yourself and not pretend to be what you're not.
Values in this movie that you could reinforce with your children include:
- the importance of self-esteem - throughout the movie, Big Momma repeatedly encourages teenage school girls to develop feel good about themselves
- selflessness and courage - Trent shows these values when he risks his life to protect Haley from Chirkoff and his henchmen.
This movie could also give you the chance to talk with your children about real-life issues such as the stereotypical picture of teenage girls that the movie presents.